Last Updated: September 1, 2023
For details regarding the personal information we collect from current and prospective employees, see our Privacy Notice for Marco Technologies Employees and our Privacy Notice for People Applying for a Career with Marco Technologies.
Any questions or requests relating to Customer Data should be directed to our customers.
2. Personal Information We Collect
The categories of personal information we collect through our Services depend on how you interact with our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
A. Information Collected Directly from You
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us.
- Account Creation. We may collect your information when you create an account to use our Services, such as your contact name, job title, business address, email address, and telephone number.
- Purchases. We may collect personal information, such as your name, email address, shipping address, and details associated with your purchases, including payment information. Any payments made via our Services are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Services, but we may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
- Your Communications with Us. When you request information about our Services, subscribe to our blog, request customer or technical support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us, we may collect personal information, such as your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, company name, title, the number of employees at your company, your industry, the HR and payroll software products that you currently use, the services you are interested in, or the business goals that have prompted you to contact us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information, which may include personal information.
Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., messaging and chat features, commenting functionalities, forums, blogs, and social media pages). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services (i.e., comments or posts on our social media pages) (referred to herein as “User Content”) will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
- Sweepstakes or Contests. We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly disclose information of sweepstakes and contest winners.
- Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend, sponsor, or host conferences, trade shows, and other events.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, resume, CV, and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications. For more details, please see our Privacy Notice for Marco Employees and our Privacy Notice for People Applying for a Career with Marco for more details.
B. Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services:
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
- Analytics. We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information on our Services. Some of our analytics partners include:
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-parties. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings on that third-party application and/or on your device.
3. How We Use Your Information
With respect to the personal information we collect via our Services, we use this information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
A. Provide Our Services
We use your information to fulfil our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods, via our third-party payment processors, for products or Services purchased;
- Offering access to third-party sharing functionality, such as third-party social media buttons;
- Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
B. Administrative & Internal Business Purposes
We use your information for various administrative and internal business purposes, such as:
- Network and information security and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities, including data subject requests;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities; and
- Disclosing information to service providers and third parties as needed to provide the Services and comply with applicable law.
C. Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
We may use personal information to perform contextual customization of ads, conduct direct marketing, conduct surveys, perform marketing research, and tailor and provide you with content and advertisements for our Services. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
D. Other Purposes
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
- Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information. We may combine, aggregate, or de-identify any of the information we collect from you with information we may collect from or about you from any other online or offline source and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities.
- Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities which allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g., relative, friend, neighbor, or co-worker). We will use this information to fulfill your delivery request. We do not view or store this information for any purpose other than to process your request and to comply with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Legal and Regulatory. We may use any information we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to meet legal and regulatory requirements, and comply with legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities, including those outside your country of residence; protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, and protect against fraud, suspicious, or other illegal activities.
4. How We Disclose Your Information
We disclose your information to our service providers and third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
A. Disclosure to Provide Our Services
The categories of service providers and third parties to whom we may disclose your information are described below.
- Vendors. We may disclose your personal information to our vendors who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes vendors that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, product sourcing shipping and logistics, and related services.
- Business Partners. We may disclose your personal information to our business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our company affiliates for our administrative purposes for them to provide services to you or support and supplement the Services we provide.
- Other Workers/Customers. As described above in “Personal Information We Collect,” some interactive features of our Services allow you to share content or share feedback with other users of the Services.
- Advertising Partners. We may disclose your personal information to advertising partners. These advertising partners may set Technologies and other tracking tools on our Services to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.”
- APIs/SDKs. We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services.
B. Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to third parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
C. Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be disclosed as part of such a transaction, as permitted by applicable law and consistent with any applicable contract.
5. Your Privacy Choices and Rights
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
- Text Messages. You may opt out of receiving text messages from us by following the instructions in the text message you have received from us or by otherwise contacting us.
- Mobile Devices. We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may opt out from receiving these push notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers, except to the extent required by law.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS and others. Please note that we make no representations regarding the functionality of such opt-out mechanisms, and further, using such opt out mechanisms will not preclude the use of your data by other analytics services that we may use.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. We make no representations regarding the functionality of such opt-out mechanisms, and further, using such opt out mechanisms may not preclude the use of your data by other analytics services that we may use.
Your Privacy Rights. You may contact us to update your personal information and your preferences provided to us through the Services, or opt out of receiving mailings or other communications in which you previously chose to participate. Different programs and services may offer different phone numbers, links or preference managers that allow you to inform us of your updates and choices, including opting out of particular communications. You may also contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section, below, if you have difficulty finding these tools or otherwise updating your data or preferences. We may need to retain certain personal information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
6. Security of Your Information
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail, or by sending an email to you.
7. International Data Transfers
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you reside. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
8. Retention of Personal Information
9. Children's Information
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has uploaded personal information to our Services without your consent, you may contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account if applicable.
10. Other Provisions
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
11. Contact Us
Data Privacy Officer
Marco Technologies, LLC
4510 Heatherwood Road
St. Cloud, MN 56301