Service Calls & Install Around COVID-19
Here is How We Are Keeping You Safe
Marco is taking every precaution to ensure your safety as we continue to provide service during COVID-19. We want to communicate the protocols and steps being taken by our service team to keep you safe and to follow all relevant federal, state, municipal and client guidelines.
Marco has created safety precautions for our employees to ensure safe equipment installations and service calls. Please see information below pertaining to relevant guidelines used and protocol established for all deliveries, service and installations.
Manufacturer guidelines for sanitizing equipment have been reviewed and will be followed by Marco. Many have published SARS/COV2/COVID-19 instructions on disinfecting their products.
Federal, State and Municipal Guidelines
Marco has established a COVID-19 Response Team to proactively monitor the situation. We rely on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to provide us information. Our response team will also monitor applicable state and municipal guidelines as it pertains to COVID-19.
General PrecautionsMarco employees will:
- Not report to work if we or family members have any symptoms associated with COVID-19
- Wash our hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day
- Refrain from touching our faces, and if we do, will wash our hands or use sanitizer
- When a service call is placed, support will first attempt to fix the problem remotely with your help, so we can properly diagnose the issue.
- Technology such as: remote desktop control, video conferencing tools and mobile devices will help us complete a remote fix. If needed, we will create instructions to send to you.
- We can ship items you need in order to minimize your exposure.
- Whenever possible, we will network your devices remotely, with guidance by our trained technicians.
ON-SITE SERVICE CALLS
Note: When clients call Marco for service, we may be able to help remotely without needing to come on-site.
- If an on-site visit is necessary, we will confirm that you approve of a Marco employee coming on-site to your facility prior to our arrival.
- You tell us when it's the best time for us to be on-site. And, if you have any other special visitor procedures.
- Our technicians aim to work efficiently while on-site to reduce exposure.
- If networking is needed on-site, the network technician will follow the same on-site health and safety steps noted.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Marco employees will not go on-site until they have all personal protective equipment (PPE) and products for sanitizing. We will be wearing PPE as required by the site when entering the building. If you have additional PPE requirements, please let us know and we will follow your instructions.
- Face mask (disposable or reusable) as they become available
- Gloves (latex or nitrile)
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing wipes or spray bottle with 70% isopropyl alcohol/30% water
- Paper towels, microfiber or cloth to wipe down equipment
- If we are installing a machine on-site, we will discard the shipping packaging, install and follow implementation guidelines.
- If the machine needs work done prior to install, we will do the work offsite before delivery. The machine will be sanitized before installation on-site.
- If we are not able to pick up the return device during the same visit, we will return at a later date for pick-up, as coordinated by you.
- You are encouraged to use your own pen to sign the delivery and acceptance agreement upon installation of your new equipment.